Torontonians would not allow Mayor Ford to close library branches, cut hours and programs, or slash the collections budget. So now, the Mayor wants to advance his privatization agenda by hollowing out our public library from within.
Right now, librarians and their colleagues are standing in defence of our public library, resisting demands at the bargaining table to diminish the Toronto Public Library and the service it provides to you.
Show your support for our library and the people who make it work for us by signing the Love a Librarian petition.
Join the Campaign:
- Media Release: Our Public Library worth a billion dollars to city’s economy, says U of T’s Rotman School of Business December 5, 2013
- 2 cents’ worth – NOW Magazine December 5, 2013
- December 2nd video deputations to the City of Toronto Budget committee in support of our public library. December 3, 2013
- Media Advisory – What’s happening to Toronto’s Public Library System? November 21, 2013
- Our Public Library at Word on the Street September 25, 2013